Thursday, September 26, 2013

Colleges

My top 3 colleges are University of Georgia, Florida State University, and Florida Atlantic University. The degree program I would most likely be studying is marine sciences or marine biology.
UGA- located in Athens, Georgia  http://www.uga.edu/
FSU- located in Tallahasse, Florida http://www.fsu.edu/
FAU- located in Boca Raton, Florida http://www.fau.edu/

The criteria for my study field is to be open minded and very enthusiastic with under water activities (diving). Many people start out as learning about marine mammals, but some end up studying smaller creatures such as marine bacteria. I must acquire an accrdited college education up to a graduate level and usually a full Ph.D is the standard professional marine bio position. I should also know and understand much about chemistry to see how the real world of the oceans affects the organisms living in it. Mostly likely though, I wouls be taking a marine ecology class in college.

I believe the two out of the 3 universities that I chose as my top schools would follow the criteria I came up with ( FSU & FAU). At UGA I would most likely have to commute to Savannah because it is close to the water and they do have a program that works with students interested in Marine Ecology.

Any additional requirements I have seen before in my study field is the passion you must have for the job, because marine animals can feed off your mood and reactions to things. Also, I should be a good reasearcher and experienced public speaker in order to present new reasearch or findings to others.  An most importantly keep an open mind about this career field.
Any classes I would have to take is Environmental Science, Ap Biology, Ap Chemistry, Physics, and Calculus.
The quality ranking of my top 3 schools all include how much I love the location, UGA is great in athletics, education for my major at both FSU &FAU are very well known and popular, and although UGA is a huge school I dont mind how big it is, and the other two schools are pretty well balanced, and as goes for diversity, youre always going to have a different variety of people at a University or college.

Other professions and graduating programs related to my field include Zoology, Ecology, Marine Sciences, Fishing/ Fisheries, Biology, Environmental Science, and Science Technology.  The  many careers that are in this field are Preserve Managers, Animal Caretakers, Aquauculturists, Envrionemental Scientists, Biological Scientists, and Wild life Techs.

My career field is not considered very popular because of how much money you can make; the price can range depending on what you actually are in the marine life and biology world. Most people say you really have to be in the job for the animals and that you care that much about them, and not for the salary, although that does matter.

3 potential scholarships I can apply for include 1) Tommy Aaron/Charlie Aaron Foundation Scholarship 2) Holcomb Family Education Scholarship 3) Gail Ingram Scholarship

No comments:

Post a Comment