Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tasks Concerning HMP

1. Career path: If you wanted to follow in the career oath of someone at your site, what would you need to make this happen?
If I was serious about this career I don't need to worry about if others feel I will succeed or not. Also, I need to take the appropriate classes in college for my major and probably transfer to a school that has a great program (veterianarian). Although theres many years of school, Dr. B said it was worth it in the end and he doesn't do it for the money, but simply because he likes being able to help hurt animals that need care.
2. Workload: How does the organization distribute the level of work among the staff? How equitable do you believe the distribution is?
Chateau Hospital doesn't have an abundance amount of staff so there is usually only about 4 others working, not including Dr. B. There is usually one kennel person who cleans the runs, feeds the animals, bathes them, and does all of the "dirty" work, and there is 1-2 desk people upfront depending on how busy the day is planned to be, and sometimes there are 2 technicians who order and assist Dr. B with patients. Throughout the day though, staff may switch out such as technicians and front desk ladies. I definitely do feel like the schedule there is very organized and efficient. All of the staff help each other equally, so there is mutual respect between everyone.
3.Tasks:What types of tasks are you discovering that you enjoy or excel at completing? Which ones are less attractive or fufilling?
Since I do not work at the hospital I am not allowed to touch the animals as far as doing procedures, etc. ,but I have filled vaccines before which is pretty easy to do. Also, I could bathe the dogs,but i prefer not to because most of the time the kennel staff becomes soaked by water and smell like a wet dog by the end of the wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment